WARRANTY TERMS & CONDITIONS
NOTHING WITHIN THE PRODUCT WARRANTY BELOW IS INTENDED TO LIMIT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER.
Our goods come with guarantees that can't be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You're entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You're also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Furthermore, you can maintain maximum protection under these warranty terms by ensuring your Wattbike is serviced and maintained in accordance with the recommendations in the owner’s manual. Please keep records of all service and maintenance carried out by your authorised Wattbike Service Agent, and please ensure you make these service and maintenance records available to Wattbike, if requested, whenever service, repair or warranty work is undertaken on your Wattbike.
Please ensure that you keep your original order details in a safe place for future reference.
- Wattbike reserves the right to have a reasonable opportunity to inspect the Goods in the same condition as they were after discovery of the defect
- Any part found to be defective during this period the periods outlined below will be repaired or replaced by an authorised Wattbike Distributor, Service Agent, or by the HQ Service Centre, at the discretion of Wattbike Ltd.
- Where the Wattbike requires repair at our HQ Service Centre, Wattbike will cover the collection and delivery costs up to the current standard collection and delivery charge each way. Alternatively, you make your own arrangements at your own expense, which will not be reimbursed by Wattbike.
- Any part replaced under the warranty terms will be covered for the remaining period of the warranty as outlined in the warranty periods below.
- Any parts replaced under warranty must be returned to Wattbike Ltd by the dealer and/or distributor and will become the property of Wattbike Ltd
- Wattbike may, at its discretion, make repairs or replacement of defective parts falling outside the warranty period, but such work shall not be deemed to be any admission of liability or precedence.
- Wattbike will bear the labour charges for work carried out under warranty.
- A parts only warranty may be transferred to subsequent owners for the balance of the remaining period.
- Do not use goods once a defect has been identified.
CONDITIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
The warranty described above is only valid within the country in which the Wattbike was purchased. Additionally, repair labour and additional postage is not covered for locations that are outside of Wattbike’s delivery area territory as communicated by the Wattbike delivery location guide at point of purchase and at Wattbike Support.
- Bikes exported from one country to another will be supported with a parts only warranty for the remainder of the warranty period by the free issue of parts excluding labour, delivery and for any import duty levied on the free-issued parts.
- The Wattbike must not have been misused*, inadequately maintained, or incorrectly serviced or maintained.
- The Wattbike must not have been subject to any modification, repair or replacement other than as authorised by Wattbike Ltd.
- The Wattbike must have been serviced by an authorised Wattbike Service Agent.
- Defects caused by faulty adjustment, or repairs and alterations performed by a non-authorised Wattbike Service Agent, are not covered by this warranty.
- Defects caused by the use of parts and accessories not authorised by Wattbike Ltd are not covered by this warranty.
- The warranty does not cover the cost of removal and replacement of 3rd party parts and accessories, unless supplied as original equipment, or recommended by Wattbike Ltd.
- Components which are expected to wear as part of their normal function, such as chains, sprockets, touchpad, felt, etc. are excluded from the terms of this warranty, unless there is a manufacturing defect in the part.
- Other items excluded from warranty are the saddle, paint, decals, and external seals where deterioration has been caused by normal wear and tear, exposure or lack of correct maintenance.
- The warranty does not cover defects which have not been reported to an authorised dealer within ten days of discovery of the defect.
- Your Wattbike will require more frequent servicing if operated in severe conditions (e.g., extreme cold or heat). Such environments will potentially cause premature failure of finishes to the frame and components, and such deterioration is excluded from these warranty terms. Wattbike Ltd has taken great care in the selection of materials to provide its customers with a quality cosmetic appearance. However, where your Wattbike is often used in sweaty conditions it is essential that the Wattbike is cleaned, dried and that lost lubrication is replaced to ensure your Wattbike remains in the best condition. Support is available in the user manual and on the Wattbike Support pages. The appearance of your Wattbike will very much depend on the care it receives.
- Should a warranty claim become necessary, Wattbike Ltd shall not be liable for expenses incurred while the Wattbike is out of use, including costs associated with loss of use, inconvenience, lost time, commercial losses or other incidental or consequential damages.
Any statement, condition, representation, description, or warranty otherwise contained in any catalogue, advertisement or other publication shall not be construed as enlarging, varying or overriding anything contained herein.
Wattbike Ltd reserves the right to make alterations or improvements, without notification, to any model or machine, without obligation to do so to Wattbikes already sold. This warranty does not affect your statutory rights.
*Misuse includes any use not in accordance with the recommendations made in the owner’s manual, and any use contrary to the warnings given in that same handbook. In addition, misuse will include, but not be limited to, lack of cleaning of the Wattbike, damage to the covers, and damage caused by excessive force.
The “CARING FOR YOUR ATOM” section of the Quick Start Guide and further resources outline the components on the Wattbike that will need to be replaced under routine maintenance and service of the Wattbike. These guidelines must be followed, particularly taking into account the usage of the Wattbike, as this will affect the function of many components e.g., chain, sprockets, touchpad, felt etc.
Article is closed for comments.